What is NOT included
- Personal Spending
- In -Country Travel
- Vaccinations- It is each volunteers responsibility to obtain the necessary vaccinations. Please refer to the U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention (https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinations/traveler/none/ghana) for information on the latest travel vaccination recommendations and requirements.
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B is highly recommended for all volunteers aiming to work in a Hospital or taking part in Brigades
- Yellow Fever
Proof of Yellow Fever vaccine is required for entry into Ghana
Volunteers are also recommended to take anti-malaria pills during their stay in Ghana, this can be prescribed by your local physician. Many vaccinations and anti-malaria pills may need to be taken several weeks in advance for effectiveness. FEB recommends that volunteers contact their physician as soon as possible to get the necessary help before travelling.
- Feeding: Because of diversity in food we excluded cost of feeding. We can recommend various places you could buy cheap and nice food i.e hospital canteens, food vendors in Town where other volunteers eat from without any problems. You could also opt for the option of the foundation providing you with meals. The cost is 10 USD per day. It will cover drinking water and 3 meals daily. For 1st time travellers to Ghana we recommend FEB caters for your food.
A very important aspect of your trip is enjoying Ghana to the maxIimum. After travelling so many hours just to get here and working so hard in the communities providing the necessary support you deserve this.
- Travel around Ghana - See more and do more. Make your trip memorable. FEB provides an excursion package at a cost price. It allows volunteers to visit various parts of the country and see as much as possble whilst they are in country. We book all accommodation, cater for transport & activities in advance. You will be able to save time and money since we usually do this as a group. All trips are accompanied by a FEB staff to provide all the necessary assistance.
- Enjoy the night life in Accra with FEB and you will definitely want to be back in Ghana again. Meet different people and volunteers from all over Ghana at the numerous clubs, pubs, outdoor bars, beaches, and African markets. Its a fun filled night in Accra especially at Osu. So pack some party clothing when coming. You will definitely need it!